2 Skinless, boneless chicken breast, ½” pieces
2 ea 14oz can white beans, drained
3 C chicken stock
1 onion minced
1 jalapeno, seeded minced
3T olive oil
1T garlic, minced
2t cumin, ground
2t Mexican oregano
1t thyme & basil dried
2t fresh ground black pepper
1 lime cut into 6 wedges
1t crushed red pepper
3T masa harina
1t kosher salt
1. In a small bowl stir together the dry chili seasoning: the cumin, oregano, thyme, basil, black pepper, crushed red pepper and kosher salt.
2. Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart heavy pot or casserole over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until the meat is slightly browned, about 3 minutes. 3. Into the pot add the onion, jalapeno, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add dry seasonings, blend well and sauté for 2 minutes. This will release the flavors of the spices.
5. Add 1 cup of the stock. Using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pan to incorporate all of the flavors from the bottom of the pan.
6. Stir in the masa harina, the rest of the stock, the white beans and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
7.To serve take chili off burner, season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into serving bowls. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime wedge onto the chili, top with grated Monterey jack cheese and sliced scallions.